Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mothers Day!


I haven't really written much this week.We have been having so much fun with friends and family.I have done pretty good on the daily chores but not so good on the weekly.Oops well I guess I know what I will be doing this next week.! Now to my post.

My Mother!
I also wanted to thank all you mothers out there for what you do or what you have done. I am grateful to my Mother for so many things. I know it wasn't easy having 2 adopted kids 6 months apart.She did the cloth diaper thing, and made baby food.She had waited so long to have babies.I can only imagine how tough that was for you Mom. She taught me what was right, and to respect myself.She helped me through struggling with school, migraines, boyfriends, and was always there for me. I don't know how many hours she sewed and fixed dance costumes, driving us around everywhere. She even tried to teach me to sew, and cook.I do remember during Easter we would make robin nests. We made experiments that turned out to be good like lemon frosting on waffles.We made traditions for the holidays. I remember the rules.Always tell the truth.Never hurt anyone on the inside or the outside.Don't play in on and around cars.Treat others how you would want to be treated.Sand stays in the sand box.I never understood the sand rule but now I know it kills grass and it is really hard for kids to keep sand in the sand area.I use these rules with my own. I find myself singing silly songs just like she did. I sing my kids to sleep and my daughter has to have her arm rubbed just like I did. Yes Mom without you I don't know if I would have wanted to be a Mom.  Now I know that I never said thank you enough.I didn't always talk respectfully. I am waiting for my turn with teenagers and dating and I know its pay back time for me! I love you Mom and all those Mothers out there who have influenced me and been an example to me.Happy Mothers Day! What you do does matter.Keep it up and most of all take care of yourself so you can be the best Mom that you can be.
Breath, realax and enjoy Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment