Thursday, June 21, 2012

Take back your Turf Thursday!

I have been losing the battle in my home for a while now but it is time to take back my life and I want you to join me!

Please tell me I am not in the battle alone of getting my kids to pick up and do chores!I call chores family contributions.They can't argue with you when you ask.Did you eat dinner with us?Then you contributed to the mess.I started out with Zones.I have seen several different people using Popsicle sticks.There is Zone1:entry way and living room.Zone2:Kitchen counter and table.Zone3:sweep dining room and kitchen.Zone4:Bathroom.These are ones that have to be done on a daily basis.They are the high traffic areas and dump zones.


I have tried many charts and given up on their effectiveness.I started writing other jobs on popsicle sticks and a popsicle maker.I let them chose an animal to represent them.Corb chose a tiger and Lex chose a unicorn.Each job is worth 5 or 10cents.I have a chart that says what they can earn after earning so much.For example a $1 earns them mom time or a treat from the family store.










I also came up with this cleaning game.I drew different items of clothing and what it meant when you landed on each one on the corresponding board.It was mostly pick up this or double the number of what you rolled and that is what you have to pick up.



I also found this cute magnetic board with magnetic letters to write what is for dinner.













                                                                                  
What have you done to take back your turf? Does anyone have a good one for paper? I wish the mailman would just shred and know what I don't want and then I would only have the bills which I only worry about twice a month.


I have a binder for my school stuff.I have labels for each letter of the alphabet.So I try to keep that in control.Thats it!Share your ideas and take back your home,your turf!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    Thanks for letting me know about this. I love your ideas and will have to check back every week to get some tips. I will try to start sharing your posts via Twitter, FB, and G+ to try and get you some more followers! Also, one thing you might want to think about is playing with different layouts for your blog as it is a little bit difficult to read your posts with the background the way it is.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete