Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Letter O and All about me lesson

Scripture:Articles of Faith 1:3
Pearl of Great Price
We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
Letter:O
Number:3
Shape:oval
Nursery Rhyme:Ring around the Rosie

Ages5 and under:In our All about me theme we are talking about faces.Ask your child where their nose,eyes,ears are.

Music and movement:Head shoulders knees and Toes.Hokey Pokey.Ring around the Rosie.

For the baby.He is sitting up on his own and pushing up on all fours.No crawling!Thank goodness!!We did a few activities from Teach my baby.It is a great learning tool for babies all in one kit.I found mine at a thrift store.I was so excited!!We read the book and played with the nesting blocks.My preschooler played with the baby.He kept putting his cars inside and shaking them around.Each block has a mirror so your baby can see his/her reflection.Whatever block he had I would point and say the word and then say Where is your nose.The only thing he copied was when I stuck my tongue out.

Gross and fine motor nature walk:Collect as many things as you can that remind you of Fall.Then take construction paper and construct a face out out of your treasures!They turned out really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment