Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Letter of the week O-Ring around the Rosie and circles

If you read my last few posts I am in a bit of a rut.I don't know if it is the changing seasons or what.I am still doing preschool but I am trying to find my way again,to accept all the changes there have been lately in my life.I will try to get back on my normal schedule but there is some major construction going on to my blueprint.But without further ado here is the letter: O
Scripture:obedience 
Articles of Faith 1:3
Pearl of Great Price
We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
Number:0
Color:0
Shape:circle
Theme:All about Me
Nursery Rhyme:Ring around the Rosie
Music and movement:
A circle is a crazy thing it has no sides just one round ring.(From Baby Einstein book)Sing Ring around the Rosie.Hold your baby and when we all fall down fall down gently to the ground.You may be playing this one for a while.
Round and round it goes where it stops nobody knows.Say this as you circle your finger over the baby and when it says stop and tickle your baby somewhere in his/her body.They will love the attention.My older kiddos love this too.I love to hear all the giggles it brings.
We also sang Wheels on the Bus.

We looked around the house for circles.We found a clock,door knob,plate and my rings We counted wheels on cars.The baby loved spinning the wheels.I said the same saying above.
At story time we read lots of books .Here is one about shapes good for baby and preschool age!

I introduced the letter O Using magnetic letters.There are a lot of activities you can do with magnetic letters!
1.Spell your child's name

2.Sort letters by color

3.Sing the ABC's as you point to the letters


No comments:

Post a Comment