Friday, October 11, 2013

Day 11-Less discontent and more grattitude(31 days of less and more)

Today's challenge:
List one or two areas in your life where you feel the least content.  Do you find yourself wishing for something more, or longing for something better than what you already have?  How do you think your life would be different if you got what you were longing for?  Would you still want something more?  Now list five things you are truly grateful for in your life

 "What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if?"{quote from the movie Letters to Juliet.}

What if you had more money?What if you had better hair,body,or whatever you are not happy with?Is it wrong to want better for ourselves and family?To enjoy the good things that life had to offer?No, but if this is our only pursuit then we are off balance. We have so much but yet we see the glass half empty.It is fun to have comforts and luxury but they are not what makes us truly happy.Content to me is a kitten basking in the sun or a baby asleep in her mothers arms.It is the little things in life,our family,and the little blessings we take for granted.

 The two areas I feel the least content is finances and not liking where I live most of the tine.I think we all want more money, but we would have different challenges.I don't know what chalenges, but that is just how life is.It is full of ups and downs.

“Life is like an old-time rail journey—delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed.

“The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride” (“Big Rock Candy Mountains,” Deseret News, 12 June 1973, A4).

The last 10 days or so I have been really soul searching.I asked some hard questions to myself to find out why I was so unhappy.I wanted more not less.I came across the 31 days of less and more.I thought,maybe I am not the only one feeling this way.It was the push I needed to be a better me.I am hoping that if you have found your way here.The best part of this journey is I am more content.I am less discouraged and sad.I wish I could say that I am less tired but I have a teething baby keeping me up all night!Oh well,one battle at a time.Are you new here or just want to pick and choose which post?

Start:
Day 1-less negative more positive
Day 2-less fear and more courage
Day 3-less bitterness and more forgiveness
Day 4-less comparing and more self confidence
Day 5-less self centeredness and more service
Day 6-less discord and more harmony
Day 7-less anxiety and more rest
Day 8-less judgement and more acceptance
Day 9-5 ways to have less disappointment and more wonder
Day 10-less greed and more generosity

I am grateful for
1.Today
2.challenges
3.Church
4.forgiveness
5Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment