Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 10(40 days closer to Christ)3 successful ways to overcome challenges.

Day 10-Make up day and day of reflection

 Only 30 more days to go!It has been some what of a challenge for me this last week to keep up with it all.There has been frustration over money,cold yucky weather, that leaves me with little or no motivation!Yet last night I was around some spiritual giants at a church activity,one woman lost their spouse, another a divorce,and yet another fighting breast cancer!

How do we endure our challenges?

“The difficulties which come to us present us with the real test of our ability to endure. A fundamental question remains to be answered by each of us: Shall I falter, or shall I finish? …

“Whenever we are inclined to feel burdened down with the blows of life, let us remember that others have passed the same way, have endured, and then have overcome.

From the bed of pain, from the pillow wet with tears, we are lifted heavenward by that divine assurance and precious promise: ‘I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee’ (Joshua 1:5). Such comfort is priceless.”(President Monson November2013 New Era)


One of these valiant woman after losing her husband said a friend of hers had given her a box.She said that this box was to write things that are out of your control and recognize that you need to  turn it over to the Lord.I thought this was a great idea!

We made gratitude jars last night and I thought I could add my challenges that I am not grateful to have right now but grateful I can turn it over to God and by so doing,letting him lift the burden according to his desire and will.Someone else last night asked-

What if in the morning you woke up with only the things you thanked God for?

Again I ask you,how can we overcome challenges?
1.Take it day by day and hour by hour
2.Pray,do all you can do,pray and pray some more.My biggest goal this month is to have more sincere prayers.Being mindful of this has led me to doing it more often.If I am having a bad day that is the first thing to come to my mind.
As we seek our Heavenly Father through fervent, sincere prayer and earnest, dedicated scripture study, our testimonies will become strong and deeply rooted. We will know of God’s love for us. We will understand that we do not ever walk alone. I promise you that you will one day stand aside and look at your difficult times, and you will realize that He was always there beside you.”(quote from talk mentioned above)
3.Change your attitude and then your heart.We cannot always control our situations but we can change ourselves,and our perspectives.If your challenges feel like a coach with horses charging out of control-try to grab the reins and if you can't pray that God will and ask for help from family and friends.
Maybe you are in a boat and you have lost your way.You could jump in and start swimming(this is likened to us trying to do it all ourselves)or we can look to the lighthouse(God,hope,family).

There is a song from power tunes talking about your attitude.It goes something like this:
Its your attitude that makes you do the things you do.It's your attitude makes you what you are.You got to be kind you got to want to share be a friend and makes you want to care.It's your attitude that makes you!
This month especially many are having an gr(attitude).

What are you thankful for?What is one small step you can take right now to overcome one of your challenges?Please feel free to share!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your personal journey! These are some great ideas. I love the reminder to take our life day by day, hour by hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!I love it! I think that if more of us shared our journey we would feel less alone and receive more strength from eachother!That is the main reason I blog.

    ReplyDelete