Monday, January 20, 2014

Reaching in and Reaching out-Day 19 and 20

Day 19
Reaching in-
Are you feeling like Alice,stuck in wonder land?We are like the rabbit running around,feeling rushed,tired and possibly late for something.Alice is like our wants and desires,trying to catch up with us.Alice asks what are you late for?Your response "for a very important date".Why are we always in a rush?If we don't slow down and think about what we want a little,then we will ask ourselves I wonder if__________.The key to making our dreams fit into our door of life is to find ways to stretch our time until we find the solution.We may need to cut back here or there or ask others to help us so we don't stretch ourselves too far.
Today,look at your time and schedule some time to plan and make goals.Include what you really want.The next time you feel like the rabbit,late,tired,upset and burnt out;think before you jump in the hole!You can be like Alice lazily reading in the sunshine.
Reaching out-
Don't forget to write little love notes.You could put them all over their room.Have the kids write some too!Maybe they still need to write thank you cards from Christmas?
Home-
A great way to make your room more relaxing is to paint it in earthy tones.Different colors evoke different responses.

Day 20
Reaching in-
"The difference between a dreamer and a visionary is that a dreamer has his eyes closed and a visionary has his eyes open"

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

"I have a dream today."
Martin Luther King Jr.

As I think of this incredible faith and fight for freedom I am filled with conviction to fight for what I believe and for my children's welfare.We have been talking a lot about our dreams this week.Is there a cause you are passionate about?What about being a Mom? What would your freedom speech be?

There is a lot that changes when you have kids.There is so much to do and not enough time or money.There is a lot parents sacrifice.however I don't think parenthood was supposed to be all we do and no time for ourselves.

" Parenthood is overwhelming because no mother ever thinks she has enough time, help, training, money, or emotional support. This can leave moms feeling trapped, bored, resentful, depressed, irritable, or angry. All of these feelings are normal.

What can you do about them? Identify which parts of your "old life" you miss. Make a list and be very specific — write out "I miss spending time with my best friend" or "I miss staying up late and going out." Come up with as many things as you can and jot each one down, even those that seem silly to you, such as "I miss going out for pizza on Friday night."(Karen Kleiman,Is it normal to miss the freedom )

I have a dream Today!My challenge is just that,to make a list of things you miss and then make a way to do them.Find a way and not excuses.Even if this week has been mostly discovering what you want and making plans.

Reaching out-
Write to a family member about how your month has been and how you miss them.
Home-
Take a look at your room.Is there anything that might be causing stress or trouble sleeping?I have a bad habit of looking at my phone before bed.I have heard t.v and all electronics can disturb sleep.My lack of sleep is due to a little baby.:-)
How do you make your bedroom more restful?

Remember
Think before you jump into the hole.Being too busy can take its toll!


No comments:

Post a Comment