Yesterday, I was stressed to get my house ready for guests and stressed to keep my kids on task. It was not fun! I was tense and irritable. Today I managed to stretch my muscles, load and unload the dishes, start a crock pot dinner, and get the kids to and from school. There are still things to do sloshing around in my head. I am in complete denial that fibromyalgia can win. I have tried and got up today but I still feel the same.
I have come to the conclusion that today may be a tough one! So I am tossing the to do list out today and making a what not to do list. My attempt here is to stop the over thinking and over planning.
- Do not listen to negativity from others and yourself.
- Do not feel guilty for saying no to a fun or good thing. Pushing yourself so you look less pathetic will not help. Your body will scream at you!
- Do not focus on what you can't do. Focus on your Ta da list and what you can do.
- Pick one thing and do it.
- Take your task and figure out how much time it will take. Allow double or triple that time to get it done.Break it down into pieces.
- Break it down even more!
- Do not compare yourself to other woman whose house is spotless.
- Stop worrying! Just stop it!
- Don't forget yourself. Put care of yourself on your list. That includes diet, sleep, exercise, meditation and down time.