Thursday, July 19, 2018

3 reasons you should give affiramtions a try and how to make them powerful

Here is a little heavenly download I received this morning. You see it has been a tough month with routine changes, visitors, 2 dog surgeries and all the emotions that go with it. So as I was writing in my journal and thinking about the current challenges I am facing, these words were impressed on my mind. I like to imagine I am talking to my Heavenly Father and that he writes me back. I hope by sharing this it lifts you up and speaks to your heart. What was said was this:

You don't think you have been strong enough all this time but you have. You have done all you could and risen to the challenge and want to help others rise. All of this has built character and determination. Determination is defined as a firmness of purpose, resoluteness, strength of character, single mindedness, perseverance and grit. This is what you were building when it seemed you were knocked down and broken. When in reality their is a force, the devil, that wants to keep you down but you have the power to overcome it. This evil doesn't want you to know that. He wants to keep you from affirming your divine identity,calling him out and keep you down.

We can affirm who we are and declare it. That is powerful. That is why everyone is talking about affirmations. I tried affirmations years ago and they didn't work for me. I didn't think they were for me. I tried later and have since found a powerful combination to the negative! How many of you have tried affirmations and they didn't work?

 I believe an affirmation should have 3 things

1) address yourself.
 2)address your own thoughts and not others. You can't live on borrowed light or borrowed affirmations.
3) It should be urgent and vital. These statements should help you gather up internal strength and then be further strengthened and buoyed up by prayer and faith in your higher power, for me is my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

Affirmations are giving your brain something new and it is normal for you to feel uncomfortable and for it to take time to work. Stick with it! Declare what you want or who you would like to be spark that little bit of determination and hope. With an increase in sticking with it and hope you can practice refocusing your mental and spiritual energy. They are saying now it takes 66 days to change a habit. It takes time as all good things do.

Affirmations don't seem to work when you just start out and may at rock bottom in what seems to the ruins of your life. It may at first take all your strength and energy to refocus and say these affirmations. That is normal. Again it takes time and practice. You are reprograming deep thinking patterns and beliefs.

 Loving and trusting God in the rubble takes time and so does loving yourself again. It takes time to build from the ground up. But as you build from what has been broken, increase that determination and firmness of purpose and faith you are building stronger this time. You can build on that everyday to build up and create anew and those weaknesses will become strengths. Keep trying. Don't give up. Keep building on what you know and are doing well already.

No comments:

Post a Comment