Sunday, May 18, 2014

Be more confident for May 17th-31 days of May-keovers

We are more than halfway through our May-keovers! Yesterday,I talked about finding your style.I looked through my closet and got rid of 7 items!Yay for de-cluttering! I found some cute dresses to retry and some cardigans to layer. I want a softer more elegant side to be noticed.Have you found a style that works for you?

Something I found out about Audrey Hepburn is that she didn't get caught up in fads.I still have some clothes from 10 years ago!I dabble a bit with the fad but ultimately I go with what is inexpensive and comfortable.

If you have a sense of style or are stuck in the 80's,90's or make your own style;are you confident?Are you just throwing whatever on,and calling it good?
One of the first ways to show more confidence is to stand a little taller.Posture and how you carry yourself says a lot about how you feel about yourself.I am reminded by a quote I read:

"Let us stand a little taller, if you don't, you will never strengthen yourself"Stand a little taller by Gordon B. Hinckley

 Baggy or sloppy clothes and bad posture are not good combinations.Don't get me wrong I love sweats and a t-shirt!Learn to use what you have and accentuate your assets.I am tiny and not very curvy.I just started wearing skinny jeans and blouses,dresses and shirts that make it look like I have a waist.Don't hide in your clothing!If you ever walk into an art gallery it is filled with an array if lines,color and beauty.Some pieces are abstract or disproportionate.Are we not God's creation,a work of art?

Isn't loving yourself an art,in the fact that it takes time and effort on our part?

That being said, since yesterday  I have been struggling with myself.Why am I doing this diet for me and the baby?What am I going to eat?Why am I upset?The house is a mess and the kids aren't listening.I raise my voice and I feel worse.It has just been one of those days!

I got dressed though!I put on mascara and lip gloss.It is like I am telling myself that I am in charge and I am going to make something of today!I am putting in the effort!

"When I’m feeling a little low, I put on my favorite high heels to stand a little taller.” -Dolly Parton


I look at this picture of my kids, and think back to when I wanted to be in any ones shoes but mine.I stumbled in my Dad's over sized shoes. Yes,a mother's, wife's,friend's shoes are big shoes to fill.But no matter how big the task seems, if you jump in with both feet and stand taller,you will fill those shoes!

Today's assignment:
 Think of the message you are sending with your style and clothes.What message would you like to send?Dust off that outfit you have been wanting to wear and stand up tall.Tell yourself you are beautiful and you deserve to take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment