Thursday, February 21, 2013

Take back your Turf

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks!This post is a little random.We are all still adjusting.I am a walking Zombie.My older kids are doing OK ,off and on.There is definitely some regressing happening.My 2 year old won't let anyone change his diapers.It has been great to have my parents here to help, though.The dishes and laundry are the biggest things to stay on top of.I still can't lift things or do housework.I never know how big of a mess my house will get really.It is is hard to be dependent on other people.

My little guy has decided to eat every hour from 6-10pm.I  looked it up and it  is called cluster feeding and this is new for me.I am on the couch for hours.I have snacks and drinks because I get so hungry!!!

It is important to do one on one time with the kids.What is 5 minutes?To them it can make all the difference! You can read to them,play cars,Legos or Barbies.There is no limit on the things you can do with your kids.Let them choose what they want to do..It reminds me of a story I am not sure where I heard it.It is about a little boy who asks his Dad how much he makes an hour.The Dad is a little puzzled but tells him how much he makes an hour.Then the son asks for half of that.The dad gets irritated and refuses.Later the Dad feels bad and gives his son what he asked for.The son excited pulls out a wad of cash of his own.The Dad starts to get mad wondering why he needed more money when he had some already.It added up to the amount his Dad made an hour.The boy then says "Dad can I buy an hour of your time?" It is kind of an eye opener for me what is really important.

I wanted to do something special for the kids before I went into the hospital.A few posts ago I mentioned about uses for socks .I made these cute little Angry birds by bundling socks inside one another and then cutting of the top and sealing it off with the felt.I got my patterns from makinglearningfun.com
Just go to themes and then to Angry birds. http://makinglearningfun.com/themepages/AngryBirds-FeltBoard.htm

I just cut out the patterns and traced them on the felt.Cut the felt and hot glued it to the sock.Pretty easy peasy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I hadn't thought of making 3D felt Angry Birds! My son would love those, maybe with the faces attached with velcro so he could play around with them.

    I remember cluster feeding. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea to do velcro! I will have to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete