Saturday, April 9, 2016

How choosing happiness works!

Last week was a tough one for me. It snowed it rained and now I want a Spring Break do over! I was looking forward to it and instead every day was a struggle to move or be motivated. This Monday I was hoping for a chance to start over, be stronger and find my happiness again. Like the sun, the clouds of doom hid my happiness. Really that is how my life feels. There is sunshine and happiness and the dark clouds roll in for weeks or months! Lets be honest my blog wouldn't be the happiness blueprint and how you can find it every day, if there wasn't some work or earning involved right? I think I have shared this quote before from Ezra Taft Benson about happiness but I love it. He says:

"Happiness must be earned from day to day but it is worth the effort"
 
Yes it takes effort! Sometimes all my effort!
 
I went to my son's counselor today. He had trouble going to school again. As I talked with my son's counselor and describing everything that has happened and is happening at home, and all the stress, I felt like I was reading off the side effects of some medication. May cause crying, gastrointestinal issues, drowsiness, emotional and physical pain and reactions. I am experiencing the side effects of life and most of it is out of my hands! The counselor kept saying sarcastically "Lucky you!"  Lucky you get to deal with all of this! He is probably glad he is not my counselor. Am I lucky? Lucky? I always thought being lucky meant winning the lottery or having things go my way. I have been thinking a lot about this. I looked up lucky in the dictionary and under synonyms it listed blessed and heaven sent. Am I blessed?
 
I finished talking with the counselor and felt those negative thoughts creeping in like the spiders do in the Spring. Eeew! All of a sudden there they are in all their creepiness!  They are on the wall, on the ceiling everywhere! Why I am comparing my negative thoughts to spiders you say? I hate spiders and I hate when I get caught in a web of negative thoughts! So if I don't squash those negative buggers they soon spin a web of Satan's lies and I get trapped. I started to think how I couldn't keep dealing with this anymore. My chronic illness feels like enough most days. Some times honestly I just don't deal at all and other times I wish to go back in time and fix things. It is really easy to get stuck and focus on the bad and being ill fated. What is a girl to do? I came up with a list of ways I felt I was indeed lucky. No negativity allowed!
  1. I get to be a Mom and try to make a difference. So many out there wish to be moms but have not been able to.
  2. When I get depressed I can turn to the Lord, family, and some friends and gain reassurance. I can get out!
  3. I have a husband to support me.
  4. I have children who will take a stand and be strong. Even though that means they are difficult at times.
  5. I have lots of room to grow and be better.
  6. I can comfort those in need of comfort because I have/now am living it.
  7. I will get more blessings poured down on me than I can imagine.
  8. I can tell myself at the end of the day that " I made it through another day!

I am blessed and have many things to be grateful for. I am lucky, lucky to be alive, but I wouldn't mind if things got a little easier! Just saying! ;)
No matter where you're in your journey to find happiness it is worth the effort. It is worth it to keep trying!

Prescription:Take one serving of luck and call me in the morning. Should see some results within 24 hours!



No comments:

Post a Comment