Monday, August 12, 2013

Meditation Monday -4 ways to make a lasting change.

It has been a while since I've posted any Meditation Mondays.Like most of you,my summer has been a little crazy!

 A few years ago I was in a really bad place in my life.I was sick and didn't know why. I  was able to find peace and happiness when I had been so sad and lost. I discovered life had a blueprint that ever I got off track I could use that blueprint to get where I wanted to be in my life.With God I can wipe my slate clean and start over again thanks to forgiveness and repentance.What makes me truly happy is teaching and playing with my kids.Then, I love to share it with all of you! If I can help just one person see that their best is good enough!I hope to inspire someone to play with their kids more.

There are all kinds of blueprints out there.Let's look at a blueprint for house. A house needs something to hold it up something it can stand on. Besides relying on God and creator to hold me up and strengthen me,I can decide what I want the overall outcome of my life to be. I make goals to be better and make my families life better too!As my life has changed I have made improvements and "add ons".With each new season and each new challenge it seems to change it constantly.As the kids get older and more independent, I have to look at what's working and what is not working.This is done on a weekly ,and even daily basis! Just like a new addition to a home,a new addition to the family requires a lot of work and a lot of rearranging.We have all seen a construction zone.It is a mess.After we have made a plan and we are building it into our lives it is a mess and there are things that have to come together to make it complete.I am going to list the important components in implementing and creating what has been envisioned on a happiness blueprint.
1.Time
How much time do we have to accomplish our goals.Every bit of the process takes time.For example,evaluating and writing our goals.Next,we put it to the test and re-evaluate.We have to look at our daily demands on our time to? Can we squeeze more in or do we need to eliminate something?
2.How much is it going to cost?
What we do on a day to day basis costs energy from us.How much do we have? Some days or even weeks I have no energy at all.Tasks take thought and preparation.
3.What materials will I need?
These materials are whatever we need to make this change.It may be as simple as changing a bad habit or putting a new habit into effect.
4.Who is involved in the building process and how and what will they be paid?
If I am changing a rule or how the house is run I need to prep my family and make sure they are willing to do their part.When workers are paid they are more likely to do their work.What is in it for you and your family.Is their payment success? Is it that their room is cleaner or they have more time to do what they want?

With this new school year approaching all my routines, and the amount of work at home, and at school is changing. I will have less time,and more demands on my time then seems possible.As my kids get older they are more involved in things like soccer,dance and Scouts.The baby needs my constant attention.What about housework?How many days do my other kids get the attention they crave?Due to all the demands on my time I decided not to homeschool all my kids.We prayed about it and felt any school option would be right.I will be doing preschool but my oldest 2 will be going to a Charter school. I will continue to work towards homeschooling but my family and I are content on the decision we have made.

What are the decisions you have to make?Have you looked at all your options?

D&C 9:8

8 But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right."

Breathe,relax and be calm


No comments:

Post a Comment