Tuesday, September 17, 2013

4 ways to tell if you are on the right path.

Sometimes I wonder.......

Am I on the right path?

Am I doing all I can?

Am I a good Mom,Wife,Sister and Friend?

The following quote is from a blog wakeupcloud.com
"There are days when I feel horrible. I’m afraid, frustrated and angry at the world. It feels like everyone is against me and nothing is going right. When this happens, I take a deep breath and acknowledge what is going on.

I often take a day off observing my thoughts. This may seem counter-intuitive as you’re probably accustomed to push your thoughts away when they aren’t pleasant, but if you want to get rid of them, you have to learn what’s going on."

I like how this was said and it made me do a little searching too! How many of you are searching for the right path? Just make sure it is the path for you and not someone else's.There are ways to find this path and find happiness along the way.There are 4 ways that I want to suggest to making sure you are on the right path for YOU!

1)Recognizing bad habits-Is there something you are doing to cause yourself grief?Do you collect to much physical stuff?Are you drawn to drama?Do you keep picking the wrong friends or getting in same relationships?Digging deep within yourself and asking why is the first and best way to get to the root of the problem.I am never going to be the best Mon in the world,or in America.I am not the best Mom in the state and city I live. I am and cannot do what my neighbors do or even my neighbor next door!Comparing myself is an awful habit and I will always fall short.So what is important to me?When I figure that out I can make realistic goals!

2)Letting things go.We hold on as long as we can.It is just in our nature.We have to much stuff.In relationships we stay even if it isn't a good one.It is familiar so it is hard to take a deeper look at people.Often times we don't really let go we just push it away until next time it surfaces.Our lives are like a garden.We start out with soil and seeds of hope, and dreams.We plant and wait anxiously.We see buds but we still don't know what and when we will see our flowers.In the meantime,weeds pop up(negative thoughts).These weeds try to take over and smother these buds.This can be fear,low self esteem,loneliness,to name a few.If we want our garden to grow we have to get rid of the weeds whenever we recognize them.

3)Meditation or some way to bring you to awareness.This is hard to do because our thoughts keep getting in the way but it is a great way to clear your mind and reduce stress.I wish I could tell you,my readers how.You just have to try to be still,breathe and let go of the thoughts weighing your mind down like a ton if bricks!

4)Last to know if you are really on the path you want to be, there are a few questions to ask yourself:
Are you happy when you wake up?
Do you look forward to your day?
Does your day fly by because you are engrossed in whatever you are doing or does it drag on?
I love being around people and they love being around me?



No comments:

Post a Comment