Monday, August 3, 2015

Taking action in August

Hello all of you! I have been a little MIA.For two weeks now I have been battling a nasty cold. Some days my energy is not there and neither is my voice. Today our basement flooded and I called our relief society president and within minutes help was on the way. I had already dragged buckets and a wet vac so now I am using heating pads and ice on my joints. Not so fun. :(

 It can be really easy to be flooded with too much in your life. Some days I feel my goals and dreams are washed away by procrastination or just the daily to do's. Sometimes I am just overwhelmed! All things considering, I am grateful for so many things today. I have really been trying to pray more and ask for guidance in my day to day. I have been planning more and putting those plans into action. When something pops into my head or a name I act on it. Each night I think of the next day. That is why, this month, I plan to take action! I don't want to be my overambitious type A self and set goals that are too high. Instead, I hope to set the bar low so that I can have success. I want to celebrate the baby steps until I have climbed to the top of what I am aiming for. Cleaning my house sounds good until I notice all that needs to be done. I just want progress and I get so miffed when anything stands in the way of it! I may fail! I took a deep breath when I wrote this. It WOULD be easier for me to think my house could be the way I want in a year rather than a week or tomorrow! How do I do this? Here is what I am hoping to accomplish this month
  1. Learn to break tasks down into smaller bites
  2. Mentally not get frustrated that I can't get to the end result as fast as I would like
  3. Learn to mind map-it is a way of brainstorming and breaking your ideas down into more manageable chunks.
  4. Plan my day by picking most important small tasks.
  5. work on task for 50 minutes and then stop for 10 minutes. The ten minutes is to refocus and decide what to do next.
  6. Evaluate at the end of the day

TAKE ACTION NOW! JUMP IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment