Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Letter S-shoes and socks(Preschool and infant lessons)

Scripture:Walk in his footsteps
Mathew 16:24
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

We can walk where Jesus walked by reading and studying the scriptures, praying,and serving.Each day we try to be more like him.

Letter:S
Number:2
Nursery Rhyme: There was an old woman who lived in a shoe

For baby:
Usually I do not like my little one playing with shoes,because he puts it in his mouth.However I let my kids pull out the shoes.Then I showed them the sign for shoes.Then we MATCHED up the shoes.I took a sock and showed it to my 1 and 3 year old.For the 1 year old I told him I was putting the sock in the shoe.He watched  me and pulled out the shoe.I also got a bag of socks and left it open for him to explore.He liked pulling them in and out.He squealed with delight when I made an old woman puppet as I said the rhyme.


Vocabulary I am teaching him:shoe,sock,out and in.

For 3 and up I had him close his eyes and I hid the sock in a shoe and he looked for it.We talked about what shoes we would wear for different occasions.


Music and movement:
I am not sure where I saw this but if you put pennies on the bottom of your shoes you can make tap shoes.It was fun to watch him get so excited at the sounds he could make!We danced around and listened to music!

No comments:

Post a Comment