Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Week 2-What am I going to feed this kid?(The saga of the gluten,egg,dairy,peanut,tree nuts and soy free diet.)

Apprentice asks
               "Yoda,how do I eat this?"
Yoda's response
        "Use the fork"

Image from Darth Vader and son by Jeffrey Brown



He likes rice noodles

Lately I have seen small glimpses of hope for us on this journey.This change has been hard and challenged my every last ounce of strength!Each day is a real battle to give him medicine to calm what I can only call his angry skin down.While his rash is not as bad he constantly rubs his face,on the floor,my shirt,and anything he can!It interrupts his sleep and enjoyment in activities.It breaks my heart!

Each day is different.Some days he won't eat anything and is fussy and I get nothing done!He won't drink the formula and he bites me when I feed him.

What am I to do??

The only thing I can do,pray and KEEP trying!On nights like tonight it is hard to think of going through all this again tomorrow.Honestly I stopped blogging about it because it has been so discouraging.I feel alone in this.I feel so worn out most of the time.I don't say this to complain but to maybe help others who are fighting the same battles!I fear the unknown.How many of us deal with some unknown in our life?All of us!What is your battle?What do you sacrifice?What did you have to CHANGE?

As long as I can continue to see the light at the end of this tunnel I can keep moving forward.I may take a few baby steps or a giant leap.I look forward to that giant leap.Our challenges are different,but they are challenges!So I am not alone,because we all have hard times in our life.Keep trying!Keep going forward!

This is totally off topic,but I discovered a new way to Spring clean!Take one curious toddler.Add a cabinet or drawer.In a few seconds cupboards are bare.Check out my clean cupboards!

No comments:

Post a Comment