Monday, April 27, 2015

How blogging has changed my life!


I have been thinking about my blog lately. I started this blog several years ago to do something I had always wanted to do, write! I thought I would also share with you  the reason behind the name of Momshappinessblueprint.

 I am not sure how many of my readers have had depression. If you haven't I pray you never do! It is a dark place. It was so dark for me that I couldn't even see any light, even though friends and family tried to help. One day I decided to open my scriptures. I had to! There were only negative thoughts in my head. As I was reading the scriptures I started to feel a little flicker of hope. I remembered from my Primary teachers and parents how the scriptures were a blueprint of how we should be and how to get back on the path when we are lost. All of a sudden it was like a ray of light broke though my gloomy glum cloud and I knew I wanted to write! At first I wanted to write a book. Yikes! I decided that was to big of a step for me at that point.

I had just barely started looking at other blogs and loved the variety of subjects and flavor available to me. It was like I was in what I felt to be the equivalency of Charlie and the chocolate factory. There was so much I wanted to do and try! A dip in the chocolate fountain perhaps?......... Why not?

I dove right in! Splash! I was immersed with feelings and sensations that had been lost to me for so long. I actually wanted to get up and try! Do you know what happens when you get a taste of something truly amazing? You want MORE! If my blog really was like a candy factory I would be over 400 lbs. from all the  delectable and delicious possibilities.

Okay now how many of you want a candy bar? :)

I think you get the picture though. It was so exciting and new that it woke me up! Things got even better for me when I was diagnosed with Celiac. I am healthier and happier than I have been in a long time! I still struggle with Depression though. This is especially true in the winter.

I blog to be real! I want to help encourage and share what I have learned. I want to show that it is fun to teach your kids. Happiness is a choice and I have to choose it everyday! This makes me happy! I also love to practice my writing.

When you read my words it is exciting the senses. I want you to taste, feel, see, hear and live them with me! Take a dive or dip your toes in. Thanks to you! (my readers)

While we are on the subject of treats, there is only a few more days until May-keovers start! I can hardly wait!

What is that? Check last years here

No comments:

Post a Comment