Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 20 and 21-less tension and more patience.4 positive ways to cope with sress.(31 days challenge of l

Day 20-less caffeine and more exercise
Yesterday's challenge:
For the rest of the month, cut your coffee (or caffeine) consumption by half.  Try drinking decaf or tea or even just water instead.  Then sometime today, walk or exercise for at least 15 minutes.

As you can see I am still playing catch up!I actually got some exercise by walking around a beautiful lake and waterfall!Lucky me!

Day 21-less tension and more patience
Today's challenge:
Identify a recent situation where you felt stressed or tense and, as a result, snapped at a loved one.  Reflect on how you could have handled the situation differently.  What are some ways you can think of to alleviate tension in your day-to-day life?

Wouldn't it be great to not have any stress?Since we know that can't happen.How do we go about accepting those things that might be stressing us out?

1.Ask yourself, do I have control over this?If yes,then you can make a plan on how to fix it.
If the answer is no, then prayer,time and slowly accepting what will be will be.You can't change it!However,you can ask yourself what you can learn from it.Maybe changing how you look at things will bring it in to focus?
 2.Is it something about yourself that is causing it?If,yes then your first step will be loving and knowing who you are.Not easy I know

If the answer is no what about the problem is stressing you out?
Maybe it is just negative thinking on your part?Write it out.Change any negative thoughts into positive ones.Look at it often to uplift and give you clarity!
3.Don't hold it inside.Talk to someone get their perspective on it.Once you feel more calm.Don't dwell on it.That will only make the matter seem bigger!Repeat 1 and 2 if necessary.
4.It is OK to have feelings of anger,sadness,loneliness.Do not let them control you! Instead listen to them like you would a friend and find out what they are saying to you.Why am I angry,upset or lonely?Have I done all I can?Just like the cry from a baby cues its parent . into what it may need.Each new challenge is a new start and your. body is like the little baby.It is trying to get your attention!

Here is an example of this process:My renters aren't paying but I don't want to go through the process of kicking them out and starting over!

  • Do I have control?-Yes,I can start the process but I don't have control over how long it takes.I can only wait and be patient.There is no sense on stressing even if I don't have the money.I can try to be as prepared as can.
  • I could set a deadline for how long it should take to get them out.At the end of that time.I will look at what has happened and re-examine what I can do 
  • Why am I scared-I don't want to be out any money.I need to keep telling myself it will all work out and keep praying!
These steps are a matter of not only lowering the tension and stress but to give you a more positive attitude.You don't just give up but keep moving forward!You can also learn to cope with things better!Having and using good coping skills are important when managing stress.Positive skills would be meditating ,going for a walk,or talking to someone.Negative examples would be losing your temper,yelling,throwing or kicking something.If you know you get stressed driving on the freeway decide what you want to do ahead of time.Maybe if you listen to calming music.You could decide if a car cutting you off makes you angry,decide not to get angry and think maybe they are in a hurry or didn't see me.It takes practice and patience and we handle things differently.What works for you when you are tense?

No comments:

Post a Comment