Friday, April 17, 2015

When times get tough, tough people do these 6 things!


We were experiencing 50 to 60 mph winds here  and you can hardly see in front of you! It is amazing how clear the day started too!There is something in the air besides sand, there is my need to MAKEOVER myself, home, life, etc... that hits me in the Spring.! I crave change. This is especially true because I have little control over my illness. Mother nature is laughing right now. First the sand storm. Next, rain and then SNOW! What??

 I woke up barely able to move. I knew there was a storm coming, I knew it! Whenever my body feels like a rock I know something is coming. Normally when I think of being like a rock, it is being ''immovable" in my beliefs and faith. However, when my body feels immovable, it is not so good. When my body aches I know the weather is changing. That is my warning sign.There are warning signs that a emotional storm is coming too. How can you tell it is coming before it hits full force with a difficulty in your life?

There are so many UPS and downs in life. This can be like the up and down of the temperatures or a roller coaster. There is so much turmoil these days! It can be anywhere! It can be at home, work, financial, family. Not to mention the increase in auto-immune diseases and food allergies. This is a huge struggle in our family. Many days I don't know how I will feel or if the baby will keep me up all night itching and crying. It is pretty frustrating! I have learned that when I start to feel overwhelmed, if I ignore them, they come back in full force. There is usually tears involved because I am very emotional. These feelings are a warning. They are like the clouds in the sky. They are always changing or growing stronger and coming together to form my stressors, until I am in a storm within.

What is a girl to do? I decided to turn to the scriptures this week. I felt impressed to go to 1 Nephi 3-5. Nephi was commanded to get the brass plates from a very wicked man named Laban. They tried and failed 2 times. Instead of giving up Nephi was willing to try again! 1 Nephi 4:6-7

His brothers complained and wanted to give up. There are days that I don't know how I will faced another day filled with pain, and keep a cheerful disposition! Have you ever heard the saying "When times get tough the tough get going?" So how can we reach inside ourselves and find that inner strength? GO BACK AND GET THE PLATES!
               No matter what you are going through, I suggest these 6 tips......

  • Be positive and persevere-Wipe away the negatives like windshield wipers wipe away the rain when it comes down. It can be simple as looking for the rainbow to endure the storm. It is easy to think of what you didn't do that day instead of what you did do!
  • You are NOT your problems! Don't loose sight of who you are and be defined by your difficulties.
  • Do something- Get up, call someone, go on the Internet and search for answers. You can write a blog.:)
  • Serve and think of others- When you step outside of yourselves you start to forget your troubles.
  • Think "It will end"- This requires trust in God. Know that he hears you and that your suffering, Whatever it may be will end in some way or another. This end may not come how we want, but it will come! This is hard when you can't see the end in sight. Just like my vision was impaired by the sand storm, eventually I saw a light or sign to point me in the right direction. People can be like these signs. Find family and friends to rely on and point you in the right direction!
  • Take care of yourself. If you do not weed a garden everyday or so the weeds multiply. This is the same with us. If we do not take time to relax and take care of our bodies "weeds" start to grow. It is harder to take care of ourselves when the "weeds" of sleep deprivation, malnutrition, and neglect set in. Think of a few minutes a day as keeping these "weeds" away!

More for your reading pleasure:

Here is a little inspiration to motivate you called 75-reminders-for-tough-times

Also here is my post on how to spring clean your life
.
In 2 weeks I will be starting my series on 31 days of May-keovers. This is my first post from last year. It was a lot of fun to do and I learned a lot of new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment