Monday, November 30, 2015

25 days to a more Christ centered Christmas

Where are you Christmas? Why can't I find you? This is what Cindy Lou who wondered as she searched for what Christmas is all about. Every year I try to keep the focus on Christ. That is why I do the 25 days to a more Christ centered Christmas. It does take some effort and reminders. How many of us get lost in the hustle and bustle of Christmas? We get wrapped up in our over packed schedules. We must never forget the true meaning of Christmas which is the celebration of his birth. It was and is the greatest gift ever given! The questions and focus of our minds should be changed to Where are you Christ? Why can't I find you? What are we doing to remember him? What are we doing that may make us lose focus a little bit?

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf in his talk How to focus on the true meaning of Christmas suggests "three things we may want to do to study, ponder and apply in this season of preparation. First, rejoice in the birth of the Savior. Second, ponder his influence in our lives today. Third, look steadfastly for his coming.

Challenge: I am going to use these three things to keep my focus where it should be and to get to know my Savior even more. My goal is to make it more personal for me and my family. It is a time to reassess and look within our lives. I hope you join me in rejoicing and proclaiming that joy!

Isaiah 7:14-17
 14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
 15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
 16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.
 17 ¶The Lord shall bring upon thee, and upon thy people, and upon thy father’s house, days that have not come, from the day that Ephraim departed from Judah; even the king of Assyria.

No comments:

Post a Comment