Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Day 1-25 days to a more Christ centered Christmas

Where would we be without the Savior?  I think each day would feel like it was just ticking away. I would feel lost and searching for my purpose in life and grasping on to what little hope I might feel. My life would be scattered and confusing. Lets face it, life would be bleak and we would surly be tossed by every temptation and belief. I actually know some people who live without divine direction and it is much like as I described above. I have such peace and joy to fill my life and mortal design.

He has come!
He paid the ultimate sacrifice!
He lives and loves us!

Jesus was born in a stable because there was no room in the inn. Are we very different from that inn keeper? Are there times in our lives when it is so full of things that there is no room for him or his teachings? I often think if I was that inn keeper would I turn Mary, great with child, and Joseph away! I would hope that I could find a spare room, ask someone to give up their room or give up my own bed. More importantly, I need to make room in my heart and in my life.

Elder Maxwell said that "each of us is an inn keeper who decides if there is room for Jesus" You can get a cute hand out of the innkeepers key with a poem found here. She attached a key to it as well. Love it! I had to share the cute poem too!

The poem is called A Prayer For December:
Dearest God,
Please never let me
Crowd my life
Full to the brim.
So like the keeper of Bethlehem’s Inn,
I find I have no room for Him.
Instead, let my heart’s door
Be ever open,
Ready to welcome
The newborn King.
Let me offer the best I have
To Him
Who gives me everything.
–author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment