Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Believe in yourself and some monkeying around with some yoga

Our scripture: Mark 5:36 " Be not afraid,only believe"
This week I found this devotional by Gordon B Hinkly about this scripture.He quoted the following passage

1. Believe in yourself. Believe in your capacity to do great and good things. Believe that no mountain is too high that you cannot climb it. Believe that no storm is too great that you cannot weather it. You are not destined to be a scrub. You are a child of God, of infinite capacity.

Believe that you can do it, whatever it is that you set your heart on. Opportunities will unfold and open before you. The skies will clear when they have been dark with portent.

Commander William Robert Anderson, the man who took the submarine Nautilus under the North Pole, carried in his wallet a card which read: "I believe I am always divinely guided. I believe I will always take the right road. I believe God will always make a way where there is no way." (Quoted in Look , 20 April 1971, p. 48).

May the blessings of heaven rest upon you, my dear young friends, as you step into the future.

Letters Y and Z

Writing prompt -What can you do for someone in your family to make them feel good about and believe in themselves.

Y is for Yoga.
I took the book Animals don't so I won't by David G. Derrick, Jr. I used the animals in it as poses for our yoga.It is a cute book about a boy who doesn't want to do what his Mom asks.I don't know any kids who would pull that ha ha.(note the sarcasm)Yeah all kids want to be independent and do what they want.The author also educates the reader on the different animals.It is really clever and fun!

He turns into a beetle because he doesn't want to clean his room.Here the kids are doing dead bug pose.

He didn't want to eat his dinner so he turned into a penguin. Here the kids are waddling like penguins.
He turned into a leopard because he didn't want to take a bath.Relax in cat pose.

He didn't want to use soap for his bath so he turned into a hippo.
He didn't want to put pajamas on because he was a bear.Here is the ASL sign for bear.
He couldn't brush his teeth because he was a crocodile.
He didn't wash his face because he was a shark.

He went limp in his Mom's arm because he was a slug.Join the kids in forward fold.
He didn't want to get in his bed because he was a Monkey.Here are the kids monkeying around.
Good night my wild child.To end we rested in Shavasna or resting pose and I had them imagine that they were an animal.Where were they?What were they doing?eating?playing?sleeping?Was it warm or cold?What was around them?Trees?water?dirt? Then after a few minutes I told them to imagine they were going to sleep and that all was calm and peaceful and they should feel safe and happy.

Good night my Zoo!Z is for Zoo










No comments:

Post a Comment