Monday, July 1, 2013

Meditation Monday -7 ways to make it through your week without your spouse

These past few weeks have been really tough with my hubby on business trips and Scout camp.First off I want to know how you single parents can do it! I haven't had a break in several months.If there is anything I have learned that is so important for a Mom to do is to make time for yourselves. It is really hard to do! I have been so stressed and tired.I have yelled and lost my cool more than I would like to admit! It has been hot and the kids have been fighting more.How can we find the time? How can we find peace?

1.Start over! Let's look at our happiness blueprint again.Stop and look at what is most important. What I mean by this is to realize whatever you did or didn't do so far is in the past.If your house is a mess decide this week what needs to be cleaned and be specific. Don't just say you want to clean the kitchen. Break it down.For example dishes,counter, floor,table.Maybe you want more than one room.Each day can be a couple of rooms .I think you get the idea right?You are on your own give yourself a break!Short sessions are better than a couple long ones.
2.Delegate to your kids.I know most of you are thinking this is more trouble than it is worth!I hate to nag and make sure they get it done.This is a tough one.You can come up with a reward system. Start with lots of praise and rewards every time ,then as they get in the habit, taper off until their reward is a job well done!
3.If all else fails ask for help.It may feel like a defeat but to catch up sometimes we have to.
4.After you have done the first 3 steps you need to figure out what is left. There is activities to keep kids occupied and dinners,time to relax etc.....Schedule it all!Schedule one day out and one day at home. I have said it before and I will say it again.Write as much down as you can until it becomes second nature to you.
5.Plan your meals, make them ahead and cook meat to use for several meals.My crackpot is simmering away as we speak.
6.After you have planned it all be prepared to be flexible. Some things will take longer. Your kids may be in bad moods that day or sick. Maybe you just don't have strength that day.
7.It is tempting to do all the chores before bed but then you run out of juice for me time.So instead set a timer for 15 min or so, do the essential things, and then have some down time! Best of both worlds right?This is when I need to do my meditation and let go of the stress for the day!There is a lot of it!

What do you like to do to relax or wind down at the end of the day?
Laundry is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment