Thursday, February 27, 2014

Take back your Turf Thursday-How to do anything one bite at a time


I want you each to imagine you have a jumbo sized candy bar.Let's think how you are going to eat it.Do you savor each bite?Maybe you are really hungry and inhale it?Perhaps you want to save it?Maybe you aren't hungry at all?

"Life is like a box of chocolates.You don't know what you are going to get"Forest Gump

I am here to say Life is like candy bar.You should enjoy it one day at a time.No need to do it "all".You may try to do it "all" at one time.Now who wants chocolate?.......I digress....

Life can be fast and demanding.You may want to slow down( enjoy your candy bar)but how?The problem is not that we lack knowledge but we don't know where to start.I am going to help you START:

S-Simplify
T-Tackle
A-Assess
R-Re-adjust
T-Try again.

You can get your favorite candy bar in many sizes.If you don't want a jumbo candy bar,what about a regular size one or a mini?These sizes are like our to do lists.They can be long or just a few items.The trick is to not bite off more than you can chew!As Moms I think we try to take on too much.I like my lists to incorporate 3 areas.They are My health,my family,and my home.Each of us is different.You find what works for you.Here are examples of 2 to do lists.I hope this further illustrates my point of not biting off more than you can chew.
#1
Clean house
Exercise
Preschool
#2
Breathe/yoga 10 minutes
Wipe kitchen counters
Sweep and vacuum kitchen and Living room
Laundry

Which list do you like better?
The first list is too vague.It is biting off more than you can chew.The first step is to SIMPLIFY.The second list is broken down into manageable goals.

Once you have your 3 areas of the most important things to you,and your goals what us next?
TACKLE IT!

Tip-
Do your least favorite first and reward yourself.This will keep you motivated.It is like you are taking a bite at a time and savoring the last few bites.

After you finish that day or at the end of the week,ASSESS and look back on your goals.Look at what you value.Also look at what you accomplished and what might need some tweaking.Here is where RE-ADJUST comes into play.

Look at you MIT'S(Most important use of your time) first.Has what you found important changed.Do you need to be more specific in our goals?

The most important thing is to TRY AGAIN.Do not give up.Taking your life and to do's one bite at a time can be satisfying and very efficient.Start today and take that first bite!

Now that I am finished with my post it really is time for some chocolate!Happy indulgence.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment