Monday, February 3, 2014

Reaching in Reaching out -Week 5 (14 days and 14 ways to show love-Day 2)


This month we are talking about Love.There is always enough love to go around.I am talking about LOVE

For ME
I thought it would be fun to do some journal writing.If you are not sure what to write about,here are some ideas to get your creative self going.

Find quotes that inspire you.Look at scriptures,books or online.Think about what they are saying to you?Do these quotes help you better love yourself or others.


For my HUSBAND
We are still reading letters that we wrote to each other.Today I put messages all over our room of what I appreciate and love about him.

This couple has been doing these weekly questions.

1. How did you feel loved this past week?
2. What does your upcoming week look like?
3. How would you feel most loved & encouraged in the days ahead?
4. How would you best feel pursued,intimacy wise, this week?
5. How can I pray for you this week?

My husband and I have a meeting each week where we talk about what we love about each other(at least 3 things),what we can work on as a couple and individually.We also use this time to talk about a specific child.

For my KIDS
Since I was focusing on interviews.Here is one for the kids at http://www.centsationalgirl.com

My Dad used to interview us.He would ask all kinds of questions.I remember most prominently,that he would help us make goals.Maybe that is why I am so goal oriented! I am thinking this tradition should continue!It is important to know the interests of your kids.

Prayer for my kids and husband today:

That they will grow in wisdom.

For my HOME
If you are wanting a change why not paint or get crafty.For example painting your kitchen white could brighten up the space.You may need some bright and cheery during those dull winter months.

After a 4 year remodel of their home,a Scandinavian couple was interviewed by Holly Marder.She is a contributor for Houzz. The wife said "The Scandinavians have this philosophy that if you paint your floors, walls and ceilings white, as soon as the sun comes out, your home is so vivid and bright ... like a burst of sunshine,"  (find rest of article here)

No comments:

Post a Comment