Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Feeling better and ready to write.How I got a new outlook on life and you can too!

Hi everyone! I sure have missed writing!I feel so much better!I don't want to over dramatize this past week,but I almost lost my life. I have never been so scared in my whole life.Previous to this antibiotic reaction I had been studying intently the atonement and really trying to grow closer to my Savior.

We are here to become better and more like him.We have the scriptures as our instruction manual.There is still the fine print: some assembly required.Anyone who has ever gotten a toy for a child knows this could mean hours of work.A few years ago me and my husband had our first almost all nighter Christmas,putting together a train table.There were so many pieces and they all connected together to form a very elaborate railroad track. Of course when we were done we had to play with it too!



Our Heavenly Father sent his son Jesus Christ to die for us.Like each piece of our son's toy train Jesus created a way back to him.We have the eternal pieces and our instructions (scriptures) so each day we are putting those pieces together.We get on those tracks and ride on what is to be our life.Now these train pieces come apart easily and to our dismay the kids have taken it apart and even lost some pieces.It is a lot harder when we feel derailed by the trials of life.We may even forget to do important things in our life to keep on track.Prayer,reading our scriptures and going to church are the main assemblers and re-assemblers in our life.

I feel like I have more time and really realize how quickly my life, or others can change course.Our little cabooses are tired of hauling around stress,pain,anger and even happiness.

I may start over and rebuild my tracks over and over but I am the engine of my little family.I feel fueled by the word of God and purpose.I set the tone.I am in charge of these little chuggers.This whole analogy gives new meaning to the word train in Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
My little chuggers


I am excited for a new month and a chance to start over.It is time to make new goals and carry my load with more strength and might.I am also very excited to have Summer clickety clacking at my heels.I have fun things planned for our Summer of Success;which I started last year.

For my 9 year old:
-set and achieve goals
-plan his day
-help me teach
-do his own laundry
-learn to study the scriptures
-cook and understand money,budget,and saving
-practice his violin

For my 7 year old girl:
-be more gracious and kind
-be a good friend
-stop whining
-sewing
-cooking
-prepare for baptism
-follow through on tasks and increase attention span
-learn piano

For my 4 year old:
-potty training
-make his bed
-familiar with different chores
-start to earn money
-learn his name
-be more familiar with written alphabet and numbers

1 year old:
-reading and singing to him
-hands on play
-familiar with ABC and 1-3
-intro to lots of new words.He will do lots of of observing.
-learn to fold his arms
-drink from a cup!(hopefully that will happen before summer.That is wishful thinking!)

These are just icing on the cake.We will keep up on math, writing,history,science, and reading.Lots and lots of reading!Sooo excited!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment