Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Letter P for penguin-preschool and infant lesson

I am a little late on this post since penguin awareness day was on January 20th.So I decided to do penguins that week

Scripture:Mosiah 18:21-unity and working together

And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another.

Youtube video on the power of union and strength
Nursery Rhyme:5 little penguins
            adapted by Robin Suitt
5 Little penguins slipping on the ice
            One fell down, that’s not nice.
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said,
            “No More penguins slipping on the ice.”
Then 4,3,2,1 and no more penguins slipping on the ice

Music and movement
We waddled around like penguins as we sang our songs to day.We also got a ball and pretend it was an egg.The daddy takes care of the egg and the mommy goes and finds the food.

Story time:
The penguin who hated the cold

I want to be your personal penguin By Sandra Boynton

Art-
The penguins are protected from the cold water.To demonstrate I found this experiment, I drew a penguin and colored it with crayons.I helped because we had to make sure it was covered well.Then we took a dropper of water.It was amazing to see the water stay in droplets and not absorb on paper.After we were done my preschooler wanted to do another one.


Practiced writing letter P.

Babies 9 months and up-While we were doing that the baby wanted to play.I gave him paper and a crayon but he just wanted to eat it.So,I put him in his high chair and let him play with ice and water.I worked on some ASL.I introduced cold and worked on Mom and all done.


To end we piled cushions on the floor to pretend we are penguins on the ice.This is really good for gross motor development.

No comments:

Post a Comment