Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Reaching in and Reaching out-Week 4 Day 26 (3 ways to give fully and know yourself)


NEGLECT NOT the gift that is in thee;
MEDITATE upon these things;
GIVE thyself WHOLLY to them.”
1 Timothy 4:14-15

Reaching in:
This week has been energizing and eye opening!U haven't caught up on my writing because I have been so busy.I haven't been busy in the run around,errand kind of days.I figured the only way to find my talents was to try whatever I felt I needed to do.I decided to break down this scrip picture and really look deep.

First NEGLECT not the gift
The most important gift This has given me is to be a Mom! I DO NOT want to NEGLECT such a precious opportunity.Are you with me on this?The next question that comes to mind is what if I fail?Where did the sense of failing come from and why are we so hard on ourselves?The question really should be,what if I don't try?Failing is really just a way to see what is not working.We just need to rework some things ir start over right?
We need to MEDITATE or think about these things.It is not a casual thinking it is get on your knees and really study.Here are few things I have been thinking about:

  • Less Facebook and more face to face.Set limits for screen time and spend more time with family.
  • Less overscheduled and more rescheduling to make time for YOU,yoyr SPOUSE and family.
  • More routines and more sticking to them.Your lufe doesn't have to feel like a routine.However,routines help use your TIME wisely.TIME is valuable.
  • Less go,go,go,and even less "letting yourself go".As Mom's we should be at our best.If putting a little time for oyrselves makes us happier and healthier than why should we NEGLECT ourselves?
  • Less No's and more I knows.I hate what happens to my child when I tell them no.It is like thier world is over...in their eyes.Still if we could in those moments,however ridiculous they are acting , say "I know you are upset or I know how you feel.Those are the "no's" our children need to hear!
  • Get to know yourself.Read this article 5-ways-to-get-to-know-yourself-better and grab your journal!

Give WHOLLY(give whole)Give our heart to God and family.This means COMPLETELY! There is no in between.If you keep working hard and using your time and talents to whatever you do;you will find the treasure inside you!

"Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His love than in your own weakness."Mother Teresa

I hope as Mothers and parents we never stop TRYING........and if we FAIL.....let us have the courage to START OVER.........

When we reach in we also reach out to others.We set the tone in our home dirty or spotless!

No comments:

Post a Comment