Friday, October 24, 2014

Letter M and W-Secret mission to Mexico

Devotional:Power of prayer
Scripture: And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive" (Matthew 21:22).

Activity with M&M's-Each color represents a different person you can pray for.I wanted the kids to really think about what they say in thier prayers.The original lesson is found here.


Letter:M and W
Since I have been slowing down on the letters my Preschooler is starting to recognize them more.


My kids were really excited this week to receive a secret mission from Highlights magazine.It has been a lot of fun!It is a great way to introduce young kids to geography and different cultures!Here is the pamphlet it all came in.

Mission Inside!

The puzzle book is used to find who did it?What was stolen and where it is hidden?
It came with a free map too and so much more!
I can't forget the passport and villain cards!There are suspects with characteristics and criminal history.It is really geared toward 6 and up but we are loving it!What little boy doesn't like to be a secret agent?





We have learned about several landmarks so far.We talked about Mt. Popocatepetl and Copper Canyon Railway.We looked them up online to extend our learning. 

I wanted my kids to get a feel for what it is like in Mexico.Meet Mahonri and Helaman from Mexico.My son said "They play soccer just like me!"

I love when he makes connections! 


We looked at a picture of the Guadalajara  Mexico Temple.There are over 100 temples today!

We ate tacos and popcorn.Mexico is known for its corn and beans.

Next week:I will be posting more about our activities we did!


No comments:

Post a Comment