Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I am my own worst enemy-How to stop comparing and be more confident in yourself

I have been in a funk lately,complete with random mood swings and crying.In fact,if someone met me they would not see the real me.Who knows what would set me off.I am a walking bomb. It is like I am not in control of myself any more.Somewhere, along the mountain of stress and pulls on my time,I lost sight of my happiness blueprint. I not only lost sight of it but I crumbled it up and stomped on it!This is all metaphorically speaking,of course.Also,I want to point out that this craziness did not happen overnight. Who's fault would this be?....Me,myself and I!

Does this sound familiar?

Over the last few years it has been sneaking up on me.I thought I was past the ugly doom cloud, depression. The truth is no matter how you look on the outside; on the inside there is an inner struggle that is unseen to the naked eye.We are the hardest on ourselves.This negative thinking can happen without us even being fully aware it is happening.

Who do you compare yourself to?What are your weaknesses?Do you see only your imperfections? Are you feeling rushed,busy and uneasy?Do you think your house is too messy compared to your neighbors? I think you get the idea,right?

I am still letting it all sink in.As winter is nipping at our doors I find myself wanting to go home.I want to go to my beaches and soak up the sun.The beach is my happy place.For this reason I have decided to take some advice from the ocean.


#1 Be patient and "shore" of yourself

Shores are influenced by its surrounding landscape, as well as by constant erosion from the waves.Are we any different? We are shaped and influenced by people,places and things around us.Life can take a lot out of us,until bit by bit,we are changed.This change can be slow or drastic.It can eat away at us.So how can we accept this change and be strong?

The answer is simple, but the execution of this process is ongoing.....


 Do not allow any negativity from any outside influence matter to you.

Obstacles and barriers will come into our lives.If you focus and worry about these trials, your perspective is blocked.They seem too big and you are swallowed up by the enormity of it all. If you on the other hand relax and tell yourself reassuring things,you often realize that those problems and negative feelings are a creation of your own mind.

My challenge this week is to tell yourself how awesome you are and to dream and see all that is available to you.I want you to wake up and think these happy thoughts.I hope this positive self talk trickles into writing several goals down.Have confidence in your abilities. Ask God to show them to you.He can help you see,for he sees you for all that you are and will be!Get to know who you are!When you truly know yourself and what you want out of life;you will have more confidence in yourself and what you can do!

Here are a few more hints if you are having trouble seeing your best qualities.

  • Think about what people have complimented you on before.
  • What did you used to be good at? 
  • Who do you admire?What qualities do they possess that you would like to develop?
Whether you are stuck,depressed or just overwhelmed,give this a try and soon you will see all the amazing things you can do.Yes, YOU have an important part to play in life.Life is too short to waste.Start now!

No comments:

Post a Comment