Friday, January 2, 2015

Reaching in and reaching out 2015

Last year I started a series called Reaching out and reaching in.There are three places I believe we have the most impact for our happiness.These are our what I call the 3 h's of happiness.If we are in good health,we know our heart and make our home a heaven on earth;then we will be happy!
Health can include exercising,or your mental state of mind.Heart can be spiritual,service.Home may focus on family,kids,homemaking,teaching.There are 2 ways we can achieve balance in these 3 areas, and that is Reaching inside ourselves and reaching out to others.

 I have noticed that many people who make New Years resolution are trying to focus on one word.I have been contemplating on this idea for a few days now.The word that keeps coming to mind is radiant.I looked radiant up in the dictionary.It is defined as
sending out light; shining or glowing brightly.In regards to (a person or their expression) clearly emanating great joy, love or health.My goal is to be that light shining wherever I go.

In Mathew 5:16 it reads "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Last year was a difficult time.Many close relationships suffered as I got stuck in the quick sand of my depression and loneliness. Maybe I was just not the person anyone wanted to be around?I am sure that my light was a a glimmer or a spark.2015, this year is a chance for me to focus on my soul, or inner sunshine, and my relationships.These relatiinships are those with my husband, kids, Mom, Dad, sister, brother and friends.The most important is with my Savior.
Do I remember him and his atonement? What gifts have I promised to show I live him? Am I being obedient to the commandments? Do I have his spirit with me? How is my church and temple attendance? Do I read my scriptures and ponder them daily?

What I did this week for my:

Health
My family has been visiting me over the holidays.My Sister and I started strength training together and have decided to Skype when she gets home and work out together. Lifting weights is new to me so I am only lifting 2 pounds.:)

Heart
I started writing down things that I am grateful for every night and praying to find someone who may need me.

Home
I want to make my home a heaven.I have been a cleaning, decluttering machine! I asked the kids to pick 5 of their favorite toys and get rid of a bag of toys. We got rid of four bags of toys!!We also cleared out 3 closets!


No comments:

Post a Comment