Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Preschool-Red light green light(prechool and toddler lessons)

Devotional and character:1Nephi 3:7-Obedience
And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.
 
I will go and do! That is obedience. We talked about times when its okay to go and other times for safety we need to stop!
Letters: R,Y and G
Numbers:3
 
 
Picture above: I only have 6 months to get my preschooler ready for Kindergarten! We worked in our journal today. I asked him what his favorite toy was from Christmas. Then I read it back to him like we were reading a book. We also have been practicing writing his name. He is starting to recognize letters and a few sounds so we are really going to focus on that until September! But, still make it fun!
 
My baby is almost 2! It is still a challenge to know what to feed him! We are reading lots of books. I am teaching him his name. I ask him what is your name and the names of anyone in the room. We did a color walk of red and green.
Here are a few things about my youngest:
Favorite words:
"Dappy" his word for vacuum
"I need it" he says this when he wants us to pick him up
If we call him he says "What?" Nothing spectacular about that. It is just cute.
"doo da"-anything circular or lunch meat
He loves Mikey mouse and to sing . He can hear a song once and remember it! He got a MP3 player that is a bunny. He plays it everywhere and all the time!
 Favorite songs:
Twinkle little star
Ring around the Rosie
Best day of my life by America Author and Say Something by Christina Aguilera.
Favorite book: Truckery Rhymes by Jon Scieszka

Twinkle Twinkle Traffic light (Source: here)
Tune: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
Twinkle, twinkle traffic light
Standing on the corner bright,
When it green it’s time to go,
when it’s red its stop you know,
Twinkle, twinkle traffic light,
Standing on the corner bright.
 
Gross motor:
Play red light green light
Fine motor:
Play with blocks and color with red and green crayons

No comments:

Post a Comment