First of all I love to know the deals. The seasonal sales for summer should be starting this month.So keep an eye out for those.It's also not too late to take advantage of the spring closeout sales. Also if you want Easter things wait a couple day after Easter and you will get the best deals.Follow the 3-3-2 rule.This rule stated that 3 days after a holiday,items will be 30-50% off,the next 3 days will be 70-75%, and the last 2 days will be 90% off.freebies2deals.com
Plan your vacations if you haven't already.
Register summer activities.
Check smoke detectors.You should be doing that at least every six months.
72 hour kits-check the food eat it and then replace them.If you haven't done one yet you should.Here is the list of items that you can use for each person:
- flash light with spare batteries and candles and matches
- portable radio with spare batteries-this might be the only way to get your information if telephones are down
- first aid kit with the following:
- aspirin and pain relievers
- rubbing alcohol
- diarrhea medicine
- band aids
- bandages to wrap up injuries
- cotton balls and swabs
- safety pins
- sanitary napkins and disposable diapers can be used for dressing,splint and padding
- tape for bandages
- needles and tweezers
- Popsicle sticks for splints
- baking soda
- individual medical needs
- extra clothes
- diapers and tampons/pads
- food like granola bars,peanut butter, tuna and can opener,plastic silverware
- things to occupy the kids like crayons paper,books,games and crafts
- money in coins
- personal supplies like tooth brush/tooth paste and deoderant
- make copies of all legal documents-its a great time to do it during tax time because you are already going through your papers.
Fertilize your lawn if you haven't done it already.
I like to pick a room each month to deep clean.This month I am going to deep clean my living room:remove cobwebs,dust ceiling fan,vacuum baseboards,wash windows,wash the walls,wipe light fixtures,clean the walls where its black from the swamp cooler.Yuck another year of dealing with minimal air conditioning.