Monday, April 16, 2012

How to gain and keep a positive perspective

 
Hey this is to all you wonderful moms who do so much but always feel like you fall short. I know I struggle with this on a daily basis. Don't sell yourself short! I saw this segments on Studio 5 where they talked about to do lists and I feel like mine is never ending!! She mentioned Ta da lists to write down what you did accomplish. I tried it and I felt so much better. We can do it just take one day and one task at a time. Our days of multi tasking should be over!

We are continuing to work on things and as we do this I think that you will notice that other places in your life start to look better and you see them in a different perspective. I think that Perspective is an important part of a blueprint for happiness.We do not see ourselves like others do.We do not see situations the same as others. Richard G Scott said the following:                           !
When I take a small pebble and place it directly in front of my eye, it takes on the appearance of a mighty boulder. It is all I can see. It becomes all-consuming—like the problems of a loved one that affect our lives every waking moment. When the things you realistically can do to help are done, leave the matter in the hands of the Lord and worry no more. Do not feel guilty because you cannot do more. Do not waste your energy on useless worry. The Lord will take the pebble that fills your vision and cast it down among the challenges you will face in your eternal progress. It will then be seen in perspective. In time, you will feel impressions and know how to give further help. You will find more peace and happiness, will not neglect others that need you, and will be able to give greater help because of that eternal perspective” (in Conference Report, Apr. 1988, 70; or Ensign, May 1988, 60).

    We don't always realize that your perception of yourself or your family atmoshpere is being blocked by this "all-consuming" thoughts.Change your thoughts and thought patterns and what you can control and  you change your blueprint and ultimate plan. For an example in the morning I used to wake up dreading the chores and my mile long to do list. Now before I go to bed I tell myself  all the things to look forward to,like writing this blog.When I wake up in the morning I tell myself it is going to be a good day and I get myself excited. You know the saying you are what you eat.Well, I think that we are what we think. Thinking negatively or one bad part of your day and all is over is like a domino effect.It continues to go if you let it to affect everything and everyone. The same is true for a positive outlook. Now I know what you are thinking. What if it is just a bad day?Is it or isn't it? It depends on how you see it. Do you have control of you? Environmental influences creep in and that you have no control of .It is how you react and process your events of the day that is in your control.I hope this improves your perspective and what might be stopping you.  If you haven't been honest with the things that are cluttering your life then now is the time. Keep Spring cleaning your mind.Clear it out and start over little by little you will see the change I know I have and do everyday. 

                                           Breathe, relax and be calm
 

No comments:

Post a Comment