Monday, August 5, 2013

Catch the wave!

Sorry I have been MIA the last week or so.We just got back from vacation.It was a lot of fun and we did some writing and activities but it was very busy.

We only touched on humility while we were gone, so this week I want to finish up with it.There are so many great scriptures for humility so I had to share another one!

Philippians 2:3-4
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility regard others as better than yourselves. Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others.

Writing prompt:I will not be selfish by.......

We talked about random act of kindness-doing things in secret but rewarded openly.

Since we went to the beach I have a joke for you.
Q:Why does a Lobster not share well?

A:He was a shellfish.


I found the perfect craft to go with our Lobster!
Craft:I will not be shellfish lobster made with foot and hand prints.I hung them on the wall under a sign that said.I will not be shellfish...

During the week I am going to look at ways my children show they are thinking of others.I will put a sticker each time I catch them in the act!
Nursery Rhyme: My Bonnie lies over the ocean
Letter:L
Color:red
Age 6 and up practice counting by 5's again.Practice writing letter L and 5.We also practiced b and d again.It has been hard for her.
Age 8 and up we did another worksheet working on times from He had to answer questions based on movie times.

We are just a small sea creature in a big Ocean.However, we can
catch the wave.......of service and kindness to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment