Wednesday, September 4, 2013

How to rock out with letter R

 Scripture:Exodus 20:12
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee
Letter:R
Color:red
Shape:Triangle
Nursery Rhyme:Where is baby(tune of where is Thumbkin)See my previous post for words and actions.
Music and movement-
Song to introduce Names:Hi my name is Joe (insert child's name)
I live in a button factory with my Mama and my Papa and my family.
One day,my boss came up to me.
He said "Hi Joe,are you busy?
I said"No."
Turn (or push)the button with your right hand.
Repeat and when you get to turn the button add with your left hand,right foot,left foot,head or instead of hand you could do elbows.Be creative with this wacky song.
R is for running.Have kids run in place or in a circle.They could also race down the hall or classroom.
R is for rocket.Have child crouch down and count backwards 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1...blast off!My little guy loved this one.He is ready to blast off with cars in hand.



Craft:Rocket with child's name
Need:red construction paper and whatever colors you want.Make a medium size triangle and a large rectangle.Then make smaller squares to put each letter of their name.We need 5 squares for my Preschooler.

Then assemble your Rocket. Put triangle on top of rectangle.Then take your squares and have child arrange in order his name.

We had to do these straw rockets.All you need is paper and a straw.It was really cute to see my 3 year old take a huge breath in and then barely blow into the straw.He also kept biting it so it blocked the air.Kids are too funny!When my older kids got home they begged to make some too!The one on the top my 8th grader made on his own design.He is also really good at paper airplanes!
Here is another variation that we tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment