Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 24-less kitchen confusion and more organized pantry(31 days chakenge less and more)

 Today's challenge:
Make a date with your pantry today.  Think about what containers you need and wash them out or purchase what you need.  Create or purchase labels.  Take everything out, sort it by type, then put it back and make it pretty. Next, make a meal plan for the next week that uses up all the food you forgot you had on hand.

First of all I need an organized kitchen because I keep my gluten free things separate from the rest.I used to separate things like peanut butter,butter and anything that could be double dipped into and contaminated.We have gotten much better at that.

Look at your kitchen and decide what its functions are.Anything not contributing to that function needs to go!

Does anyone else get confused by all the containers?I can remember a few kitchen disasters.First the bottles for imitation vanilla and mint look the same! My pancakes have ended up tasting like toothpaste.The other time most prevalent in my mind was when me and my hubs were first married I mixed up Tsp with Tbsp of pepper.Dinner was ruined!I cried but my husband ate it anyway.He is so sweet!

Meal planning is the best way to not have confusion in the kitchen.How many times do you open the fridge and ask "what's for dinner?"Take your favorite meals and group them together.For example take all chicken dishes buy chicken in bulk and cook it or freeze it ,making note of what meals they are for.I double up on some and freeze for later.Soups assets a great one to freeze.This takes some practice but you will get the hang of it!

Keep kitchen counters and table clear of all clutter.Clutter causes a lot of confusion and can discourage making meals at home.

If you are like me you probably have the leaning tower of food containers.Not all of them have a lid!Lids for containers are like socks in the dryer,they get lost.Time to tell those lidless plastic goodbye!

Kitchen confusion says.....
“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” - Confucius

Get it?Confusion/ Confucius both sound similar.Anyway lol I couldn't help myself!

Here is another one:
Confucius Says... "One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure."

No comments:

Post a Comment