- clear rain gutters,prune trees and bushes,
- winterize swamp cooler,sprinklers and lawn mower.How early you do the winterizing depends on where you live.
- Fertilize your lawn for winter.
- Check roof and windows for leaks
- Prepare car for winter-check wipers,tires
- Of course decorate with orange pumpkins and a wreath for the door!
- go through clothes and see what you might need.All summer clothes should be on sale so you could stock up for next year.Just be sure to buy a bigger size for kids.
- Review fire escape plan during fire prevention week
- If you haven't started to plan for the holidays now is a great time.Print a calendar for October,November and December and plan away.Write down activities and parties you will attend.Don't forget to include birthdays.
- Start Christmas shopping and hopefully you have some money tucked away!
- Buy Christmas wrapping and cards
- On a rainy or cold day make some gifts and get the kids involved.You could also make some cookies and deliver it to a neighbor.
- Also work on your Kitchen.Stock up on holiday items when on sale.Clean fridge in and under and same for your stove.Your Kitchen is going to need a deep cleaning!
- Clean chimneys and fire place.
- Clean walls and ceiling by swamp cooler.
- Get furnace checked and serviced.
- Sweep away the cob webs,unless they are a Halloween decoration. ;)
Excercise-yoga (especially plank pose)and squats are a great way to stay in shape!Find an excercise buddy or go to the mall and walk around.
- Take care of cuticles.I use olive oil everytime I cook.
- Put moisturizer where you wash your hands,in your purse,at work.
Here is a great resource I recommend looking at:personal-assistant-for-october