Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 1-40 days closer to Christ.4 ways to say a more sincere prayer.

Day 1

Scripture Study: 1 Nephi 1-10

Scripture to Mark and Ponder: 1 Nephi 3:7,1 Nephi 7:12

tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty” (1 Nephi 1:20).

My hope by doing this challenge is to bring Jesus into our lives more and learn how to seek and receive the blessings of heaven.

Inspiration and questions I want to answer while I read:
 It is important for us to keep a journal and I feel that my blogging allows me to do this and be proud of my accomplishments. It reminds me of what is important.I wrote in many journals growing up.When I was a young adult most of it was drama and boys.Maybe my kids will get a kick out of it as they get older and can date.lol

Sincere and humble prayer is a way to grow closer to the savior.I think it is the number one way!

Goal this week:more sincere prayer
1.pray to say more sincere prayers
2.Say more frequent prayers and give thanks often.
3.Be thoughtful-Think about what you want to stay
4.Seek God's will not your own.This one is a hard one to do and to know what is the right thing to pray for.
The following quote in 2008 Ensign prayer-the-souls-sincere-desire made me really think."What do we intend to do with the answer God reveals to us? If the honest answer is “nothing” or “as little as possible,” we might expect Him to withhold our answer until we intend to willingly comply with all our heart. When we do receive answers, we need to be obedient if we expect further answers to come."

Here is another great quote from the same article.“Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them.”

As a Mom, there are so many demands on my time.What if I present what I think my priorities should be for the day and ask that I will make good goals and use my time wisely?I might see the change and balance I have been seeking!

The Lord will provide a way if we listen and obey in faith.It isn't always easy to be a Mom,wife,do my callings,a friend.If God has commanded it we can do it! How else do we make it through the day sometimes?I carry a notebook and pen with me everywhere,even to bed.You never know when inspiration will strike and you want to be ready!

Do we offer up our very best to the Lord?

What if you were asked to leave your home?How would you feel?

All four of Lehi’s sons made the same journeys, they did so with different attitudes. How is my attitude and my obedience?

How did he carry me today?

How can we know the will of God in our lives?

We can either complain or accept our difficulties with patience and love.When we are going through tough times we seek family and God for answers and comfort.

Scriptures are of great worth.It will be interesting to see with my focus being on reading these 40 days how the scriptures help me through my day.Will it help me cope better?What will my priorities be?

Talk with my husband about our inspirations and how we can apply it to our family.

How can I help my children love the scriptures?


No comments:

Post a Comment