Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 2-40 days closer to Christ.5 qualities to bring you closer to God and his plans for you.

Day 2- 1 Nephi 11-20

Scripture to Mark and Ponder: 1 Nephi 13:37and 1 Nephi 15:23-24

As I try to engage my 8 year old in reading the Book of Mormon and to love the scriptures,I realize that they need to see me reading the scriptures more and telling them stories as much as I can.I need to pray for more opportunities to teach.

Inspiration while I read:
We can come to know things for ourselves if we have these 5 qualities

  1. desire 
  2. ponder what we learn
  3. have faith and pray to the Lord, believing we can receive an answer
  4. diligence
  5. humility 


Faith and holding on to the word of God can help you resist the temptations you face.What lessons can and should I learn from Lehi’s vision of the tree of life and from the principle of continually holding fast to the rod of iron that will enable me to stand spiritually strong in the world in which we live today?(lehis-dream-holding-fast-to-the-rod)

How has the word of God helped you “taste” the joy that comes from God’s love?
To answer this question the word of God fills me with light and desire to be better.

The"mists of darkness,” is something we all have experienced.There was time in my life where I felt surrounded by darkness.The only way I found my way back at all was the hands that held me when I was reaching to find my way.The following quote really says it best:
"You will not be able to see clearly. But with the gift of the Holy Ghost, you can feel your way ahead through life. Grasp the iron rod, and do not let go. (see finding ourselves in Lehi's dream)
As long as we keep that desire and ask for guidance from heaven, even at times you may feel lost,you will find your way back. Have you ever been blindfolded to play a game like pin the tail on the donkey?You get spun around and feel dizzy,but you feel around hoping to find that perfect spot.You take a guess and place it where you think it should be.Then you take the blindfold off.How close were you?When you are on the wrong path it can feel like being blindfolded.When you finally open your "spiritual eyes"you can see how off the mark you are.It may mean backing up and getting on the right path.It may involve changing things r
people in your life.

How can I listen to the prophet better?

•How can one know and understand the same spiritual truths as the living prophet?


No comments:

Post a Comment