Monday, November 4, 2013

Meditation Monday-The 4 R's to a speedy recovery from burn out

Burn out is “Exhaustion of physical or emotional strength or motivation usually as a result of prolonged stress or frustration.”

Burn out,we don't think it will happen to us.We can get it from our jobs.As stay at home Mom's we are also susceptible. Which way are you heading?Are you motivated and moving forward? Or are you spiraling down and don't know how to get out?After a long time of no breaks without kids I went out with my best friend this weekend.I was really feeling like I was going to snap.It was so relaxing and there was no fear of interruption.Oftentimes we go along ignoring what our bodies are telling us.

There are so many demands and stress in our day.Doing it all or doing too much does not bring balance.Being balanced and standing grounded and firm where you stand can prevent burn out.God has put a nurturing light within us.We must nurture this light within or it will burn out.If your light has burned out take someones hand and let them guide you back and you will see a flicker of light and hope.
If you are feeling hopeless you are not alone.

I want you to imagine something for me.If you look at a glass with water in it.You will see it one of 2 ways.1.Half empty or 2.Half full.This is you,your vessel.You are either feeling hopeless or hopeful.

There is only one way to recover.That is to slow down!Slow down and try my 4 R's
1.Rest-slow down and start over.
2.reflect-ask yourself some tough questions.What makes you happy?
3.rely on others-surround yourself with positive,happy people and positive thoughts.
4.re-evaluate-Make some goals(no more than 4).Check in with yourself on a daily and weekly basis.Write in a journal.What inspires you? If you are working toward something you will start to realize that you are capable of a lot of things.

This week I am going to try to get up a little early so I can have some time to myself.This will only work if the baby doesn't keep me up all night!I am just going to try to get up 10 minutes earlier.I hope to meditate,read or maybe write.A small but attainable goal!What is your goal this week?

Breathe,relax and be calm

No comments:

Post a Comment