Friday, June 5, 2015

Summer of Sucess Week 2 -Day 4 and 5


It has been a crazy week around here! Being a Mom is HARD!!!! I pulled my kids aside to talk to them and tell them that I wasn't happy. It wasn't because they are bad kids or misbehaving..........much. Things around my house just need a little tweaking and it may take all Summer to do it! Ahhhhhhhhh!

The kids participated in my little experiment of being Mom for a day. I feel like I was hoping a big light bulb would go on, like "Hey we should help Mom out more because she does a lot! My daughter was the most excited about it! Such a good little Mommy! They changed the babies diaper and got the 2 and 4 year old dressed. The oldest kids made eggs for breakfast too. Their favorite part was during quiet time they got to relax and so they chose to watch a movie. I don't ever let them watch a movie during quiet time or be in the same room. They have been working on a video that portrays being Mom for a day too! It is not finished yet though. I have decided that I do not like the constant nagging so I made a list of things that they have to do for the morning and then they have a chore for morning afternoon, and dinner. I just get so stressed and that isn't good for me at all! I am already stressed because my available food list is shrinking. If the kids do not complete their task it gets put under the oops category. If the kids ask me for something I say go look at your oops chart. Then they have to do ______ to get what they asked.

I used the video below to get the kids attention and give them ideas for their video!




We also took a little break from school this week. I did have my younger two work on Alphabet and my older two, on math.

I found this cool math trick where she used her fingers to practice her 3 times tables.


My daughter also passed off the 4th article of Faith! Yes!

Reading:
10 year old-6 hours

8 year old-4 hours

4 year old-1 hour

Here is to next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment