Wednesday, April 23, 2014

B is for bunny-preschool and toddler lesson

It I almost Easter! We have been doing a little countdown each night to keep the kids thinking about what Easter is really about. We started with an Easter egg hunt where I hid little quotes or scriptures in each egg. It has been a lot of fun so far!

For preschool:

Scripture: Doctrine and Covenants 45:3
 Listen to him who is the aadvocate with the Father, who is pleading your cause before him—
Letter:B
Nursery rhyme:Little Bunny Foo Foo
Little Bunny Foo Foo
hoppin' through the forest,
scoopin' up the field mice
and boppin' em on the head.
 
And down came the Blue Fairy, and she said:
Little Bunny Foo Foo
I don't want to see you
scoopin' up the field mice
and boppin' em on the head.
And now I'll give you three chances,
and if you keep it up,
I'll turn you into a goon.
She gives him 2 and 1 more chances!
 
As we sang this song we hopped around like bunnies.We also talked about what can happen if we don't listen.In addition we talked about not hurting people on the inside or the outside.I took this opportunity to practice with my one year old to be gentle.He immediately smacked me and tried to pinch.Little stinker! At this age though it is all about repetition!
Craft: Making Bunny Food Foo
We decided to make it into a card.You need mini marshmallows, construction paper and glue.I also let my Preschooler pick from a variety of activities.I think he liked the independence! I got the idea from here.


Note to my readers:This post is late due to Mastitis and then a sever reaction to penicillin. I am lucky to be alive! So many people have helped and taken my kids so I hope to be feeling better very soon! Thanks for your patience and I should be back writing soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment