Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy International picnic day!

Writing prompt:What would you pack for your picnic and why?


Math:I drew a giraffe and had the kids roll 2 dice.Then add those numbers together.Then I had my Kindergartner draw that many circles in the giraffe.For my Tot he practiced drawing his circles on his own giraffe.You could also have the kids make spots out of play d'oh.For my 8 year old we had him roll the dice and add,but then he would do it again. So if he rolled a 2 and a 4 it would equal 6.Then he would take the 6 and the sum of his second roll and add them together. So you have 4+2=6 and 4+4=8.Now take the 6 and 8 and add them.You would get 14 then add 2 more numbers and add that sum to the 14 and so on.So the number should keep getting bigger.

We also did some research on the giraffe.The baby is called a calf.It eats leaves.It lives in Africa.It defends itself by a strong kick with it's front feet.The giraffe is the tallest land animal.

2 more days till the Zoo!Lately I feel like I am living in a Zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment