Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I'm bringing home a baby Dinosaur

Luke 6:31 "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
Today we are talking about Being kind.My Mom's rule growing up was never hurt anyone on the inside or the outside.
Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes is a great story on being kind.We are all different! Being different makes us special and unique.
My 8 year old was assigned setting,plot,characters and climax.Here is a great website to practice plots and setting
For my 6 year old we talked about title,author,beginning,middle and end.For my Tot we talked about his favorite part of the book.

We got these cute wooden animals from our Zoo trip.I grabbed some ham,apple and leaves ans asked the kids to put the animals by what they would eat.
Vocabulary:
Carnivorous
Herbivore
Omnivorous

The ham was too big of a temptation for our Prehistoric Pooch ,T-bone!

I'm bringing home my baby dinosaur 
Won't my mommy hide behind the door 
I'm bringing home my baby dinosaur 
Ooh eee it stepped on me!

For the baby we have been doing the Bumble bee song.There is a version @dltk There is an extra verse(above) which leads us into our next unit of study........Dinosaurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment