Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Oh say can you say di-no-saur?

Scripture:Deuteronomy31:6"Be strong and of good courage" What does it mean to be courageous? When faced with a challenge how can we show courage? We talked about and sang Nephi's courage.

Nursery Rhyme: Teddy bear Teddy bear

Number:5

We are continuing this week talking about Dinosaur. My older 2 kids are at Patriot Camp this week so it is just my Preschooler and my baby.We read Oh say can you say di-no-saur by Bonnie Worth.In this book the Cat in the Hat takes you to a dinosaur museum.The kids learn how to say the different names of dinosaurs.

For my Preschooler we talked about what letters they start.I cut a D from construction paper with a head, feet,spikes, and a tail.The original idea is found here

Next we put the dinosaurs in groups.

We arranged them from biggest to smallest.Then we arranged them by colors.

He really likes 5 little Monkeys,but instead of monkeys I substituted dinosaur. Each time one would fall off the bed I would have him count how many were left.

We had to make dino cookies.We tried to imprint dinosaurs into them but it didn't really work with sugar cookies.The older 2 got home just in time to enjoy them!

For my Kindergartner and second grader I had them count by 5's and write in their journals.

No comments:

Post a Comment