Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 18-less catch up and more planning.How to save your day.(31 days of less and more)

Something is right behind YOU! A monster sneaking up on each of us!
What is it? Read on if you can,but you must!
Today's challenge:
Are you feeling behind?  Starting tonight, write down three things each evening that you want to accomplish tomorrow so your brain is ready to go as soon as you wake up.  For the rest of the month, commit to waking up 15-30 minutes earlier than normal.  Use that time to plan your day and to do 2 or 3 things to ensure that the rest of your day goes a little smoother.

What is your monster,exercise,cleaning, bills,studying?It seems like a monster of a job and putting it off does not make it go away!

I have been planning my days for years now and I agree it is the best way of making sure I get everything done I want to.I usually do my planning at night.It helps quiet my mind which is like a hamster in a hamster wheel. I see my plan as more of a guideline though,because some days I want to play with my kids or certain tasks take me longer to do.

I find it kind of ironic that the day(18th) I was supposed to write 3 things I want to catch up on,it ends up being catching up on this post,today . the (19th)Oops!Yesterday was a very busy day between going to the library and getting our flu shots! Then we went to see family about 45 minutes from home.The main reason was to get this guy!The owl,not the baby.

That basket is almost as big as my 8 month old baby!I can't crochet.Isn't it sooo cute.A family member made it for me!So sweet!

The second thing on my list was to catch up on buying food.I did a major shopping trip today to last a month.I have been tweaking my list for weeks.I hope it work! I should have several meals for the freezer too!

The third most important thing on my list is to clean my room.I hate that ends up being the catch all room.Not good.

I am not sure how I will do on getting up early for this next week.I have a lot of sleep I need to catch up on!Anyone know how to do that?:)

How can you S.A.V.E your day?
S-The best way to play catch up is to just start and start small.Write
down your day or projects you want to do.Where are you losing time?
A-Accept that you cannot
get it done all at once.Better planning and having goals and to do lists to know what you need to do for the day.This can be short -term and long-term goals.
V-Vanquish your time stealers.Identify what they are.Some might be not getting up on time,not planning,too much screen time,friends or procrastination.
E-Evaluate your week.Have a plan B for days that don't go well.Be ready to make adjustments and try again.Don't give up!You will learn whether you are using your time well or wasting it!

No more monsters eating your time.No more monsters under the bed or in your closet.If you turn around what is following you just waiting for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment