Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 3(40 days closer to Christ)How I found lasting happiness!

1 Nephi 21,22 and 2 Nephi 1-8

Scripture to Mark and Ponder: 1 Nephi 22:30,2 Nephi 2:27,2 Nephi 3:34,2 Nephi 5:6-7,2 Nephi 3:34

I wanted to home school because I wanted to have more time with my kids and to be able to teach them more spiritual things.After all isn't that one of my main purposes for being here.I feel so blessed to have kids.They are my biggest blessing and my biggest challenge!I wanted a way for my soul to delight in teaching about Christ.

I want them to have the " Armor of righteousness" that Lehi talks about.

There is no one way to happiness or formula to happiness.If you spend time around those who are genuinely happy you find it contagious and it spreads.As I was reading this week I kept thinking about Nephi having to be separated from Laman and Lemuel,his family and departed into the wilderness. There Nephi and all who followed him created a community found on gospel truths.In 2 Ne. 5:27], he says, “And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness.”In our society today there is so much chaos and corruption.How can we be happy?
1.Make our home a heaven on earth.Family is important to me.It is also mentioned in this article how-to-be-happy?
2.Search and read the Scriptures and pray.I am already seeing an increase in my happiness as I have increased my scripture reading and prayers(more sincere prayers)
3.less negative and more positive.In October I participated in http://www.livingwellspendingless.com 31 days of less and more.As I did each challenge I had a focus, and goal.I felt more happiness and continue to find it!Here is my Day 1 of the challenge.This leads me to number four:
4.Strive for happiness,become more goal oriented and you will see a change.This week my goal is to read the scriptures in 40 days and to say more sincere prayers.Am I happy?You bet!I have learned if I want to stay happy I have to be working toward it everyday!What I do changes but I always have the same end in mind.

How does knowing about the Fall and mortality help you better understand your purpose in life?

A knowledge of our sins and shortcomings can lead us to despair, but as we recognize the Lord’s blessings in our lives and trust in His power, we can replace despair with hope

“When the lives of the people are in harmony with the Lord’s will, all of the essential factors that produce the blessings God deigns to give to his children seem to come into line. Love and harmony prevail. Even the weather, the climate, and the elements seem to respond. Peace and tranquillity endure. Industry and progress mark the lives of the people. It is as the Lord has promised” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1992, 58; or Ensign, Nov. 1992, 41).

In what ways will the Lord consecrate, or bless, our afflictions for our gain?
Some of us are struggling with our trials wondering why things aren't working out.“But what about me?” I can't have kids,I have to work instead of being home with my kids.
Elder Oaks said in response"But these frustrations are only temporary. The Lord has promised that in the eternities no blessing will be denied his sons and daughters who keep the commandments, are true to their covenants, and desire what is right.

"Many of the most important deprivations of mortality will be set right in the Millennium, which is the time for fulfilling all that is incomplete in the great plan of happiness for all of our Father’s worthy children. We know that will be true of temple ordinances. I believe it will also be true of family relationships and experiences."

I pray that we will not let the challenges and temporary diversions of mortality cause us to forget our covenants and lose sight of our eternal destiny. We who know God’s plan for his children, we who have covenanted to participate, have a clear responsibility. We must desire to do what is right, and we must do all that we can in our own circumstances in mortality.

"In all of this, we should remember King Benjamin’s caution to “see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength” (Mosiah 4:27). I think of that inspired teaching whenever I feel inadequate, frustrated, or depressed."

Please understand that the way back is not as hard as it seems to you now. Satan wants you to think that it is impossible. That is not true. The Savior gave His life so that you can completely overcome the challenges you face (see 2 Nephi 2:6–8)” (in Conference Report, Mar.–Apr. 1990, 95; or Ensign, May 1990, 74).

What has the Lord done for you when you have turned to Him?


No comments:

Post a Comment