Monday, December 30, 2013

Day 38-40(40 days closer to Christ)

Day 38
Read John 20:1-18
The journey
Examine your life. What is your greatest need?
Sometime today find a way to seek the Lord.Find in Christ the answers you long for.Dare to reach a new level of understanding.

Day 39
Luke 24:13-32
The journey
Learn to use the scriptures to receive personal revelation from the Lord.
Take some time today to find a scripture that speaks to you.

Here is the scripture I found that jumped out to me:
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Let his spirit abide in your heart by reflecting on that scripture throughout the day.

Day 40
Read Joshua 3 and 4
The journey
Either figuratively or literally,gather twelve stones.Assign each stone to represent a blessing that you have recognized in your journey toward Christ.
Share these blessings with your family.Testify how you are coming to know Jesus.What are the stories you can tell about how he had strengthened,enlightened, comforted,or otherwise blessed you?

There is so much I have gotten so much out of this experience.First I learned I do have time to read my scriptures.Period!No excuses.I also loved having my kids see me reading.It was a lot of time,but it really wasn't a sacrifice. 
There were so many differences in my day.I was more happy and found more time to reflect and have peace.If I wanted to be guided I was.Often times to call a friend or follow a feeling.
When I wouldn't get any sleep I would feel mercy and somehow make it through my day.I felt more balanced and centered.As a family and as parents I felt more united and love in our home.We were quick to work things out and wanted to serve each other more.
What I learned to sum it up is ,to make a move closer to Christ he makes two more towards me.He makes up the difference.I truly know he is right there we just have to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment